Announcing Group Coaching!
Like you, Wholistic Woman Retreats is an organization that is constantly evolving. We are an organization on the grow!
When we began in 2010 we offered full day retreats designed to support women with their personal and professional development. After facilitating a few of these retreats, we heard from our community that they wanted more frequent opportunities to connect, so we launched the monthly ‘Be You’ Evening Retreats. The intention was to create a space for like-minded women in and around the Frederick, MD area to gather on a regular basis. At these enriching programs women take a break from the busyness of life to focus on their own development while connecting with other women-on-the-grow. These monthly retreats have been a big hit and over the years we’ve had the pleasure of watching our community expand as we support one another.
Our leadership team makes a point to listen to all suggestions that come our way. Recently, we’ve heard that many of you who love and support us as an organization are looking for something a little deeper than a 90-minute evening retreat. While you love the take-aways of the ‘Be You’ programs, you often leave wanting more! We think this is awesome, and WE HEAR YOU! It appears to be time for us to GROW AGAIN!
We are happy to announce that our answer to the desire to go deeper is GROUP COACHING!
Some of you may be familiar with the concept of group coaching and others not, so I’d like to describe how it can provide you with an opportunity for more growth.
Group coaching, by definition, is exactly what is sounds like… it is a coach-facilitated group that meets on a regular basis to explore an area of common interest. Groups can be done in a variety of ways… in-person or virtually (via audio and/or video calls). The frequency that a group meets also varies… weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly are typical intervals.
I personally have been both a participant, as well as a coach, in a wide variety of coaching groups and here are some of the reasons I love group coaching – and think you will too!
- COLLECTIVE WISDOM – In every group I have been a part of, I have been amazed at how wise women are! There is something magical that happens when we gather in a safe space to share what we know, as well as to ask for guidance in areas where we want to grow. Whether, I’ve been in the role of participant or leader, I have learned something new from every group I’ve experienced.
- CONNECTION – One of the cornerstones of group coaching is trust and connection. In group coaching settings confidentiality is key and is taken extremely seriously. For the connections to be meaningful, it is vital that all participants feel safe to share. Coaches work diligently to create a safe, non-judgmental, space within a coaching group. Groups work as a unit. All participants go through the work together from start to finish. This cohesiveness builds bonds between people. By the end of your time together as a group you build deep, meaningful connections with your fellow participants.
- MULTIPLE PERSPECTIVES – Oftentimes we get stuck because we don’t know what we don’t know. Group coaching brings people with different perspectives together and this often leads to “Ah-ha” moments and intriguing discussions.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – If you are like me, then you know how powerful making a commitment to a group of people can be. I have found that there is something transformational that happens when I declare a goal publicly. I have always had better success and follow-through with goals I set during my group coaching work than when I go it alone.
- AFFORDABILITY – One of the practical aspects of group coaching is that it is less expensive than 1:1 coaching. While it is a shared learning and growing environment it doesn’t mean that everyone is working on the same goals. In fact, you will be setting your unique goals just like you would in a 1:1 coaching experience. You will receive individual attention within the group community.
- IT’S MORE FUN! – Group coaching sessions are something that most participants look forward to. It is fun to get together with other people who are in similar situations or who are creating forward momentum in their careers and lives.
While these benefits are great, the main reason we are offering group coaching is to explore and apply topics in greater depth than we can in one night. Imagine what it would be like to put Wholistic Woman tools and strategies into practice and refine them over 2-3 months with an experienced coach and a group of supportive women. How awesome would that be?!
Are you as excited as we are about Wholistic Woman Coaching Groups? We hope so!
**A pilot group is forming now and will run from mid-October to mid-December. Led by Coach Carol, this group will focus on integrating the tools presented at the Be Loved Evening Retreat: applying the languages of love/appreciation with your strengths and your One Word to your daily life. If you don’t have all of these tools yet, don’t worry, Carol will help you get them!
If you’re interested in learning more about the fall pilot coaching group, email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Space is limited.
Look for more Group Coaching in 2019! Stay connected with us by visiting our website, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribing to our newsletter.
Today’s author: Laura Hall, CPC, CDWF: As a certified professional coach since 2009, Laura Hall, Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator has been helping people just like you make changes in. As a mother of 2 girls, Laura has a special interest in coaching parents, so if you still have children living at home, ask Laura about her Wholehearted Parenting programs. Laura can be reached via email at email@example.com or feel free to visit her website HallCoaching.com